Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Way Too Much Lump Dust - Wow! - Bad

Options
(Big) Lesson Learned and one of the worst things that have happened to me in the few years that I've had my Egg happened when dumping in the lump for a cook the other day. WoW! It was a big bag of RO and before I knew it the fire bowl was full of dust. I tried to cook anyway, but only after stirring many times to let enough dust fall through to allow enough air flow to sustain a burn. That was just the second mistake as the cook did not go too well and several more mistakes were to follow. It was a real comedy of errors. I just got done with clean up today. Had to completely remove all lump and dust from bowl then had to remove ring and bowl to get the mountains of dust that fell through the bowl. What a disaster, dust everywhere. I'm going to be a bit more judicious from now on when I pour the lump in. 

Comments