Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

LS makes some pies

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Steve 

Caledon, ON

Comments

• SGHSGH Posts: 24,110
    Looks like a feast fit for a king my friend! But I have to ask how did you get them to cook with the egg at only 50 degrees? ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

Arsenal-Just a small wore out and broken down Weber kettle. No other means to cook at all.
    Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit
    The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 28,817
    I so knew that was coming. The temp actually went up to 250* but I didn't take a pic. My 1000* thermo pooed the bed and had to go with a 750*

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• SGHSGH Posts: 24,110
    I was just messing with you brother! I have wrapped my gauge around several times as well. Again the pies look awesome!

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

Arsenal-Just a small wore out and broken down Weber kettle. No other means to cook at all.
    Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit
    The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 8,056
    So your set up was raised high, broken PS, spacers and the stone?? Pies looked absolutely killer!!!

-----------------------------------------

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • NPHuskerFLNPHuskerFL Posts: 16,941
    Dang! =D>
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 26,711
    Those are fantastic, LS.

• The margherita pizza looks crazy good!

Flint, Michigan
  • TUTTLE871TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Looks good bud, did you use the caputo 00 for your dough?

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• hapsterhapster Posts: 7,445
    Great... It's bedtime and now I'm starving...

Well done!!!
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,528
    Looks good. Better than the hot dog I just cooked over the fire pit, although for a late night snack it did it's job.
    Nicely done!
  • berndcrispberndcrisp Posts: 1,077
    Are those mozzarella d'buffalo cheese pearls or the generic grocery store stuff?

Those pies look great my friend!
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

• DMWDMW Posts: 12,507
    Ummm...wow! Did pizzas in a 550* oven tonight and it worked, but nothing like that.
    My Facebook Page where I document my cooking
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - 18.5" WSM - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE - Akron Jr - BS SS36" Griddle
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 18,746
    ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^
    Salado TX Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• RGBHVRGBHV Posts: 1,318
    The crust on the first pie looks like naan or pita - A recipe would be nice - although I know you're not big on those.  The crust on the 2nd pie looks different?  Do my eyes deceive me?

Are you going to join us for Western Tiki - July 19th this year?

Michael
    Are those mozzarella d'buffalo cheese pearls or the generic grocery store stuff? Those pies look great my friend!
    The ones on the margherita were buffalo

Steve 

Caledon, ON

TUTTLE871 said:
    Looks good bud, did you use the caputo 00 for your dough?
    Bakery dough. I don't bake or measure

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• pantsypantspantsypants Posts: 1,191
    based on your pics i would just stick to burgers and hot dogs .
    Toronto
    So your set up was raised high, broken PS, spacers and the stone?? Pies looked absolutely killer!!!
    I broke one of the legs off of a platesetter so I cut the others off. Makes a great indirect piece. Setup was AR, grid, platesetter, spacers and stone

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• I thought you broke them off so the set up wouldn't be so tall  :D
    Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself - Mark Twain
    aka Frank from Houma eggin in Corpus Christi
    Geaux Tigers - Who Dat
  • CanuggheadCanugghead Posts: 6,195
    I broke one of the legs off of a platesetter so I cut the others off. Makes a great indirect piece. Setup was AR, grid, platesetter, spacers and stone
    Neat setup for pies in the sky!
    canuckland
  • Jupiter JimJupiter Jim Posts: 3,035
    Nice job buddy! =D> glad to see your getting good with the Egg!

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• stemc33stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Prodigiousness =D>
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 14,015
    Little Steven speaks in the third person. Eggcelsior likes this.

• Mickey said:

^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^

Mickey approves, I think.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 13,011
    So, you CAN make pizza! Nice!

BTW, I forget where you said you go on business trips to CT, but ISTR it was down on the shore somewhere. If anywhere near Guilford, you might want to try this place. I haven't been there, but this write up and the pics sure look good!!

Their menu...

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!

…Unknown

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• calikingcaliking Posts: 11,130
    edited June 2014
    Nicely done. Don't know about Canuckistan , but costco sells a nice Italian buffalo mozzarella for a reasonable price.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • CanuggheadCanugghead Posts: 6,195
    edited June 2014
    caliking said:
    Nicely done. Don't know about Canuckistan , but costco sells a nice Italian buffalo mozzarella for a reasonable price.
    even if we find it here, we can expect to pay triple $$$, want proof?
    canuckland
    So, you CAN make pizza! Nice!

BTW, I forget where you said you go on business trips to CT, but ISTR it was down on the shore somewhere. If anywhere near Guilford, you might want to try this place. I haven't been there, but this write up and the pics sure look good!!

Their menu...
    East Haven. I could never match your pies Sahib.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

Nice job buddy! =D> glad to see your getting good with the Egg!
    I'm a slow learner. That's why I became an electrician.

Steve 

Caledon, ON