Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

New Egg Arrives

anzyegganzyegg Posts: 1,104
Finally had the New LBGE arrive and the folks set it up - also no charge. Anyone in the Aiken,SC/Augusta, Ga area need to go to Fireside to get supplies or purchase an egg. Very reasonable and some great folks... They also have Tues. night classes. The birth and clean before the first cook tomorrow!!!it will be a time for learning, patience, and hopefully some fine eating.... imageimageimage

Comments

• henapplehenapple Posts: 15,983
    Welcome. ..nice set up
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Eggcellant, welcome and yes, some good eating is in your future.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

• hapsterhapster Posts: 7,445
    Congrats!!!

Now get that thing dirty!!!
  • KtimKtim Posts: 364
    So beautiful, but will more beautiful when dirty.
    sumpter township Mi.
  • Rusty RoosterRusty Rooster Posts: 1,239
    Welcome back frequently and ask anything you want.  One of us will be glad to answer.
  • minniemohminniemoh Posts: 2,099
    Congratulations! Looks just like mine did back in the day.
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • Miked125Miked125 Posts: 441
    Pretty
  • tksmoketksmoke Posts: 776
    Very nice!!  Now the fun begins!!!  Enjoy!!!
    Santa Paula, CA
  • NPHuskerFLNPHuskerFL Posts: 16,887
    edited June 2014
    Welcome!!! Your egg sho do got a purdy pearly white mouf. Time to get it seasoned with protein and get to cookin :-). Enjoy.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • tarheelmatttarheelmatt Posts: 9,216
    Congrats and enjoy!  Now get the inside black! 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • saluki2007saluki2007 Posts: 3,654
    Congrats.  You are going to love it.
    Large and Small BGE
    Morton, IL

• lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 16,495
    Welcome aboard and enjoy the journey-nice set-up. 
    Louisville;  L & S BGEs, PBC, Lang 36; Burnin' wood in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer.  
  • CharlesmaneriCharlesmaneri Posts: 1,295
    Congratulations enjoy your new Egg 
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
  • anzyegganzyegg Posts: 1,104
    Thanks everyone... Such a great forum and support!!! I decided on St. Loius turbo ribs and went looking to get them. My gosh, after 3 super markets and the butchers I finally found them at Bi-Lo. I guess we need another forum on where to purchase the meat and chicken??? Hope to post pics. Of cook and will follow RRP....Heat at 330-350.... I have some chicken wings for Sunday unless I find Pork Shoulder/butt... The butchers had 1 left at 17 lbs -too big, also no ribs other than frozen...when I used to live in Boston the butcher had everything.... SC you have to move quick I guess....
  • HotchHotch Posts: 3,315

Welcome to the herd.

Looks great. Wright down that serial # and don't forget to register it on BGE website.

Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • KtimKtim Posts: 364
    Welcome and enjoy. But where is the Budweiser?
    sumpter township Mi.
  • ads75ads75 Posts: 391
    anzyegg said:
    Thanks everyone... Such a great forum and support!!! I decided on St. Loius turbo ribs and went looking to get them. My gosh, after 3 super markets and the butchers I finally found them at Bi-Lo. I guess we need another forum on where to purchase the meat and chicken??? Hope to post pics. Of cook and will follow RRP....Heat at 330-350.... I have some chicken wings for Sunday unless I find Pork Shoulder/butt... The butchers had 1 left at 17 lbs -too big, also no ribs other than frozen...when I used to live in Boston the butcher had everything.... SC you have to move quick I guess....
    Gotta be frustrating to get a BGE and then have trouble finding the protein you want and deserve to cook.
    Large BGE, Mini BGE
    Morgantown, PA
  • SGHSGH Posts: 24,013
    @anzyegg‌
    Congratulations on the new egg. You will love the large my friend.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

Arsenal-Just a small wore out and broken down Weber kettle. No other means to cook at all.
    Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit
    The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out.