Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Refurbish original table

Options
I have this table for 4 years. It is an original. I have done a basic cleaning but would like to preserve it and maybe change the color. I would be appreciative for any ideas. Thanks and grill on.

Comments

• KennyLee
    KennyLee Posts: 806
    Options
    Really depends on the table.  Do you have any pics?  If it's one of the BGE retail tables, I would start with beefing up the frame before doing anything.   

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @KennyLee‌
    I agree with beefing up the frame. You can see the warpage in mine. It's a little over 2 years old but started to distort very quickly from the get go. The first two pics show the corners are now sagging and out of square.
    @aints25‌
    You said you wanted a color change. Look closely at the third pic. I changed the color of mine to boston butt black! Just a suggestion my friend.imageimageimage

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• KennyLee
    KennyLee Posts: 806
    Options
    I think the problem with those is they really need 4x4 legs and 2x lumber for all the support underneath and really can't hurt to have 2x for the shelf as well.  For the top, the 1x stuff is fine, but without proper support, this seems inevitable with the weight of the Egg. 

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

• aints25
    aints25 Posts: 16
    Options
    I will bet it taste pretty good. In fact, mine is similar, but the wife wants me to clean it up. So I am just trying to keep her happy. She has multiple mylemoa cancer, so I am just trying to make her happy. For me yours is a true grilling table.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    You might be able to sand past the stains. You could refinish and change the top?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @aints25‌
    Man I just saw where you said that your wife is sick. I'm certainly sorry to here that. I wish y'all the very best and hope that she makes a full recovery. There is nothing more devastating than having a loved one that is sick. I have been through it myself and you feel so helpless. I will add her to our prayer list if it will not offend you. Again I wish y'all the very best brother.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out.