Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

best method for a 2.5lb turkey breast

Options
or as they called it roast.

Picked up a turkey 'roast' at the farmer's market. Any suggestions as to time temp method. Debating herbs and spices - rosemary garlic - harissa - lemon. Thanks

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    edited May 2014
    Options
    If mine I would brine it overnight. Cook raised direct @ 375/400 with coffee rub. That and toss on a few turkey legs for myself.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    edited May 2014
    Options
    It I spatch it I cook 425ish raised direct and if left whole 400ish indirect. +1 on the coffee rub. You could do a tied up bunch of fresh herbs in the cavity and on top of the meat. Rosemary,basil,thyme and sage work really good. I expect anywhere from 1 1/2 to 2hrs depending on method for a 5-6lb breast but as always cook to temp not time.

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Options
    I really suggest doing it this way here in my post - IT WAS AWESOME. 

I have another one in the freezer right now - I am going to thaw it out now!

Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options
    I have had great luck with a brine and then low and slow until it came to temp.  Excellent results and leftovers made fantastic sandwich meat..
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • SWVABeanCounter
    Options
    I do these roasts for deli all the time.  The rosemary garlic sounds excellent.  I usually do mine 350 indirect with one chunk of smoke wood depending on how I feel.  With rosemary garlic I would probably go with cherry or peach.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

• J_Que
    J_Que Posts: 223
    Options
    I know all the rules, but the rules do not know me.

Small, Medium, 2 Large, XL ,Stumps XL Stretch, Workhorse 1975
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Mickey said:

If mine I would brine it overnight. Cook raised direct @ 375/400 with coffee rub. That and toss on a few turkey legs for myself.

I just realized you said roast not bone in. I really need to slow down when reading. Sorry for bad advice. Do as Mickey said.

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.