Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicago Dogs

Options
2»

Comments

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    That is a work of art. Gorgeous picture. I've never had a Chicago dog, but I'd try that one for sure.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    looks good but i dont think it would all fit in a split top bun
    :D thats more like a hot dog sub, i think i can get the gardinia posted but not the sport peppers
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Wrigley, during late '70s used to be the world's largest day care center, before they had lights. used to escape from work, park the car at the convent and grab grandstand seats. The beer and the dog cost more than the ticket. 

@JRWhitee - agree on the Vienna products. Friends in midwest still keep me supplied... 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    @JRWhitee, I am in Woodstock so I will have to give that place a try sometime.  I noticed they sell the components as well so you can make them at home.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    @smokeypitt I moonlight there on the weekends, they do sell everything you need to make Chi dogs, Italian beefs, sausages etc. 

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • LincolnPark_Egghead
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    What about the sport peppers?

Gotta have the sport peppers...

Go Hawks!
    Large BGE, Chicago, IL
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    Speaking of Chicago dogs, Hot Doug's Encased Meats Emporium and Sausage Superstore is going to close in October. Despite his exotic offerings, the Vienna Beef dog remains the best seller. And if you can visit (expect Franklin BBQ long lines), you also can stop by the Vienna Beef factory store just 2 miles away. I took my wife there a few years ago. Her comment upon leaving was "I couldn't imagine traveling 90 miles for lunch would be worth the trouble. I guess I was wrong."
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    Monty77 said:
    I like all types of hotdogs and at Sonic you can usually get many types and I like the Chicago hotdog. I also likes all kinds of pizza too and right now I miss it, because it and hotdogs are not on my diet right now. I've had pizza once in the last 4 months. :(
    This forum has to be one heck of a temptation man, I can't imagine being on a diet and trying to view these posts, so many good looking foods and ideas going on, I would make myself crazy.  Best of luck with the diet, I'm sure you got your reasons for doing it, good for you for sticking with it.  

I pretty much eat meat and veggies. I am also on a diet called Take Shape For Life. Its a prepackaged meal plan where I eat 5 of their meals and one lean and green. I've lost 65 pounds on it so far and a total of 118 in the last year.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • Monty77
    Monty77 Posts: 667
    Options
    Monty77 said:
    I like all types of hotdogs and at Sonic you can usually get many types and I like the Chicago hotdog. I also likes all kinds of pizza too and right now I miss it, because it and hotdogs are not on my diet right now. I've had pizza once in the last 4 months. :(
    This forum has to be one heck of a temptation man, I can't imagine being on a diet and trying to view these posts, so many good looking foods and ideas going on, I would make myself crazy.  Best of luck with the diet, I'm sure you got your reasons for doing it, good for you for sticking with it.  

I pretty much eat meat and veggies. I am also on a diet called Take Shape For Life. Its a prepackaged meal plan where I eat 5 of their meals and one lean and green. I've lost 65 pounds on it so far and a total of 118 in the last year.
    Wow that is great!  Good for you, I may have found and kept a few of those pounds you lost lately, might have to have a few more of these salad dogs for my health!  Keep up the good work.  Funny as it sounds, my wife, dog and I are all attempting to eat better and shave off a few pounds, so we have been making more BGE health conscious meals, more fish and chicken, less red meats.  Its tough, cause I love my steaks and prime rib!  
    Large BGE 2011, XL BGE 2015, Mini Max 2015, and member of the "North of the Border Smokin Squad" Canadian Outdoor Chef from London, Ontario, Canada

https://www.flickr.com/photos/monty77/