Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Jerky treat warning for dog owners

Options
Skiddymarker
Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
know there are lots of us on here - in case you had not seen this. 

Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    edited May 2014
    Options
    theres a very good chance that those treats took my last dog out with kidney failure, beware also that treats sold by companies like purina dont necessarily write product of china on the bag. the week the dogs kidneys crashed was right after having the kids over for the weekend at camp and he was given alot of chicken and duck strips. my new pup doesnt get dog treats, it also worries me feeding the dog crunchies as i continuously see problems posted about the food
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    edited May 2014
    Options
    @fishlessman - Sorry to hear that - pet food is getting like people food, the only way to trust it is to make yourself. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    took me a little while to remember which one he was given, canyon creek made by purina and all it said on the bag was distributed by purina, nothing about were it was made. nope, no more store bought treats, the new dog doesnt even know what a cookie is. its bad enough when theres grapes around the property, or macadamia nuts in a cookie, or any other unknown plant
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it