Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Turbo Beef Ribs

Options
gpsegg
gpsegg Posts: 427
edited May 2014 in EggHead Forum
Dinner tonight. 350 degrees with apple wood. Rubbed with EVOO and Dizzy Dust. !st houe bone side down , then 30 minutes bone side up then last 15 minutes bone side down and sauced with Sweet Baby Rays. Spray every 30 minutes with 50/50 apple juice and apple cider vinegar. Total cook 1:45 mins. Pictures show ribs and chef cooking (Old No. 7) .Final pics of the ribs....none of the chef. Ribs were fantastic! Got me excited about the Georgia Mountain Eggfest tomorrow....hope to see you all there!
George
Palm Beach Gardens, Fl and Blairsville, Ga.

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @gpsegg‌
    Let me tell you brother those beef ribs look outstanding to say the least. I have been playing around with cooking them raised direct at gasket level with outstanding results. Don't ask me why but it seems to give them a more "beefy" taste if you will. If you enjoy beef ribs give this method a try and see what you think . 350-400 works excellent. Again yours look awesome my friend.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• gpsegg
    gpsegg Posts: 427
    Options
    @SGH
    Thanks. I'll give it a try . Is timing about the same or shorter?
    George
    Palm Beach Gardens, Fl and Blairsville, Ga.
  • Gravytrain84
    Gravytrain84 Posts: 322
    Options
    Looks DELICIOUS
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @gpsegg‌
    Cook time is much shorter when using the raised direct method. Also I recommend turning them frequently to keep the ribs from over browning.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out.