Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Another Table question from a new hatchling.....

Options
I see most of the tables out here are staining or leaving their tables au natural.....  Anyone done painting?  I've seen one somewhere that they had the table frame painted black and the top and shelves were clear-coated....

Suggestions?

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Brother painting it will not hurt a thing. I have seen quite a few posted on here that were painted and looked outstanding. As with most things in life it comes down to matter of taste. For the record i think my next table will be stainless steel as i am very messy and very rough on my equipment.I have only had my wood table for two years and its in shambles. Again its not a flaw with the table im just very rough and messy. If you want to paint yours brother i say go for it. Would love to see pics when you are done.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• rjfalski
    rjfalski Posts: 13
    Options
    I built this one for my son-in-law.  I just found a can of gloss black Rustoleum in a quart can. It was oil based worked awesome.
  • KennyLee
    KennyLee Posts: 806
    Options
    You can also look at some stains that have some color to them.  Olympic has a pretty good line at Lowe's.  The solid color stain (actually a stain/sealant combo) really has more of the appearance of paint after application, and the semi-transparent to a lesser extent.  I know there are a variety of colors including black. 

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer