Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Time for a new plate setter

Options
Made some pizzas last night. As I was setting up the egg, I put the plate setter in and felt it flex. It has had a hairline crack for about a 6 months. I guess it finally decided to grow. It held up through the cook but won't make it longer. I know many will say get an adjustable rig, but the setter is still under warranty so I'll get a new one so I don't have to spend the money.
Mark Annville, PA

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    I would do the very same. The plate setter is a great accessory in my opinion.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    I think you'd be stupid to spend money on another indirect method when you can get a replacement platesetter for free. You're doing exactly what I did when mine broke.

Gotta be careful on this website, guys will try to get you to spend tons of money if you let them lol!
  • cortguitarman
    cortguitarman Posts: 2,061
    Options
    This will be my 3rd one. I just hope they keep breaking under warranty.
    Mark Annville, PA