Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cheese for pulled pork BBQ pizza?

Options
It's gotta have cheese, right? Thoughts on a white cheddar? Love the stuff, but with pulled pork & sweet BBQ sauce instead of red? Or go with red?
It's an obsession, but it's pleasin'

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,978
    Options
    Oh man, these come out so good. My suggestion:

BBQ sauce for sauce
    Mexican cheese
    red onions

Giddyup!  

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • FLbobecu
    FLbobecu Posts: 309
    Options
  • Dragonwmatches
    Options
    That looks fantastic. I'll have to go easy on any red onions as I love them but the family doesn't (they think red onions are too spicy-tells you what I have to deal with for chili, jambalaya, anything, really).
    It's an obsession, but it's pleasin'
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,978
    Options
    That looks fantastic. I'll have to go easy on any red onions as I love them but the family doesn't (they think red onions are too spicy-tells you what I have to deal with for chili, jambalaya, anything, really).
    Don't worry - like pulled pork itself, I really don't think you can make a mistake with pulled pork pizza.  I have to imagine just about anything comes out amazing.    
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    John, that has to be one of the tastiest looking pizzas I've seen on here. Really!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    Awesome pizza!!! I've used mozzarella and cheddar, pepper jack in the past
  • Boileregger
    Boileregger Posts: 614
    Options
    Just made one with leftover pulled pork last night. I used SBR for the sauce, and added banana peppers and my homemade pickled red onions. I used a mix of cheddar and Monterey Jack for the cheese.
  • grEGGorys
    grEGGorys Posts: 168
    Options
    Just had a BBQ pork pizza several night ago. It tasted awesome although your picture looks a lot better then my turned out. I still seem to burn the crust on the outside edges. I have a medium egg and I think I am spreading the crust out a little too far and have some hangover crust. Hopefully I will get it right. Tonight is just pepperoni pizza. Hoping for better on the crust.
    Gulf Coast FL
  • NecessaryIndulg
    Options
    I use goat cheese -- I love them together!   I usually use Gruyère, too... then dollops of goat on top.   =P~
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences.  
    You can also find me on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter.