Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Albacore Tuna and Tabasco Jelly Stuffed Mushrooms

Options
TUTTLE871
TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
edited March 2014 in Forum List
A friend of mine gave me some albacore tuna he had so I took it with a big smile on my face. All I did was dust with DP Raging river and squeezed some lemon juice over each steak and let them sit for an hour or so. I am a mushroom fanatic and am always of thinking of ways to stuff them. I did one with Gorgonzola and the habanero peach sauce I got from some crazy bat S...ttt friend of mine. And the other I was noticing a jar of Tabasco jalapeño jelly (hell why not). Spooned some jelly in and topped with Gorgonzola as well.

Threw the shrooms on and the asparagus at 425 and let them get to my liking, the tuna about 2.5 min each side and pulled. I didn't tell the wife what was in the shrooms and she bit into the jelly one and started asking a thousand questions about them. If you like mushrooms this was a hit and I already am doing them again Friday for company we are having.imageimageimage

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

Comments

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Damn...sweet cook. The pics are gonna make cazzy mad jelly.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Angus1978
    Angus1978 Posts: 390
    Options
    Nice!
    LBGE and Primo XL Plano TX All right all right alllll riight
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    Dislike/unfriend due to no invite.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • TUTTLE871
    Options
    Dislike/unfriend due to no invite.

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I see some pepperoni in the shrooms again :)

Nice cook.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • TUTTLE871
    Options
    caliking said:

Nice cook.

Oh ya I forgot I layered pepperoni in the ones again with the habanero peach sauce. Too much scotch .

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    TUTTLE871 said:

caliking said:

Nice cook.

Oh ya I forgot I layered pepperoni in the ones again with the habanero peach sauce. Too much scotch .

Too much scotch... No such thing :))

Nice cook!
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • chashans
    chashans Posts: 418
    Options
    Very nice looking food! Beautiful table also. Ash? Stainless wood screws? Very nice.
    LARGE, MINI BGE    SAN DIEGO, CA            An alcoholic with a barbecuing problem.

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    What time am I supposed to come over? I'm assuming my invitation is still somewhere in transit between Dallas and Richardson? Everything looks great.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• TUTTLE871
    Options
    chashans said:
    Very nice looking food! Beautiful table also. Ash? Stainless wood screws? Very nice.

Actually White Oak, and yep stainless screws and about 7 Coats of polyurethane.

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• GeorgeS
    GeorgeS Posts: 955
    Options
    Very nice! If you haven't already tried it my favorite stuffed mushrooms are a cream cheese, mayo, artichoke heart (oil based not water), Parmesan cheese stuffed mushroom topped with bread crumb and EVOO mixed pretty dry. Then cook them to you desired tenderness. I'm gonna try some of you mushrooms they look great!
    Bristow Virginia XL&Mini One of the best feelings in life is watching other people enjoy the food I cooked!