Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ginger-Soy Calamari

Options
chashans
chashans Posts: 418
Adapted from the book THE JAPANESE GRILL.   Photos

I usually bread and pan fry these in oil. These were very tasty cooked on the Mini. Basted during the cook. A nice change of pace.  Nori flakes are on the Jasmine white rice. Dipping sauces are...top to bottom, Nuoc mam, Soy/Sricacha and Wasabi/Ketchup.
imageimageimageimageimageimageimage
LARGE, MINI BGE    SAN DIEGO, CA            An alcoholic with a barbecuing problem.

Comments

• rtt121
    rtt121 Posts: 653
    Options
    Very nice!
    Medium, and XL eggs in Galloway NJ.  Just outside of Atlantic City.  
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Like it!

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    Killer...Love that..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Well played, sir! I drooled all over the plated shot. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Looks great...great idea. @Caliking always drools.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    henapple said:
    Not when he's sober but that doesn't happen often

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    henapple said:
    Not when he's sober but that doesn't happen often
    Depends on whose beer I've been drinking...

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    Options
    Cool cook. I never see them cooked whole like that. What did you do with the heads?
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    Options
    Very nice, but wold you please care to expand and detail all the sauces and breading please. I am sure there is a way to it.

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• chashans
    Options
    Hi54putty said:
    Cool cook. I never see them cooked whole like that. What did you do with the heads?
    They are purchase frozen just like that, cleaned and ready to go.
    LARGE, MINI BGE    SAN DIEGO, CA            An alcoholic with a barbecuing problem.

• chashans
    Options
    Aviator said:
    Very nice, but wold you please care to expand and detail all the sauces and breading please. I am sure there is a way to it.
    Nuoc mam is a very well known Vietnamese dipping sauce. I dip all kinds of meat and vegetables in it. Google it for a variety of great recipes. Sriracha is an Asian pepper sauce. Simply add it to soy sauce to taste. Often times I also add a squeeze of lime juice. Wasabi is a well known sauce eaten with Sushi. Add to ketchup (to taste) to make zippy sauce.

• chashans
    Options
    Aviator said:
    No breading was used in this recipe.

• chashans
    Options
    chashans said:
    Aviator said:
    Nuoc mam is a very well known Vietnamese dipping sauce. I dip all kinds of meat and vegetables in it. Google it for a variety of great recipes. Sriracha is an Asian pepper sauce. Simply add it to soy sauce to taste. Often times I also add a squeeze of lime juice. Wasabi is a well known sauce eaten with Sushi. Add to ketchup (to taste) to make zippy sauce.
    Nuoc mam recipe:  

• chashans
    Options
    chashans said:
    chashans said:
    Aviator said:
    Nuoc mam recipe:  
    Recipe link will not post for me. Search this site for nuoc mam for the recipe.

• Charlesmaneri
    Charlesmaneri Posts: 1,295
    Options
    Looks awesome I'm going to have to try this !!
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
  • chashans
    Options