Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Jacques Pepin chicken

Options
jlsm
jlsm Posts: 1,011
Did the Pepin boning trick yesterday with a four-pound bird. Stuffed with Serrano, fontina, wilted and squeezed spinach, and sweated onion and garlic with thyme. Took about 35 minutes; not bad for my first time. Cooked indirect at 450* in CI for about 50 minutes. Drained the fat and deglazed the pan with just a little water plus thyme and added the juice from the rested bird.

This was unbelievably good, possibly the best chicken I have ever eaten. My husband, not a huge chicken fan, commented on it this morning. Served with baby bok choy with hot oil and red potatoes sautéed in duck fat.

I could see boning three at a time and freezing two. I think I could get the boning time down to five minutes with repetition. No one should feel intimidated; it really isn't difficult. And the boned bird would be great for an informal dinner party. It would serve three men and three women easily.

Sorry about the crummy shots. Wichita State was on TV. 

Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia

Comments