Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Berkshire pork chops on the mini.

Eggcelsior
Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
I went by Wegmans after returning from Austin on Tuesday to grab some necessities and saw some nice Berkshire chops in the meat case. I brined them for 4 hours with Gamechanger from Oakridge.

After brining, I dried them off and added some rub. I let them rest for 30 minutes while
I set up the mini. This was the first time using my new grate from @stlcharcoal in it and it made a huge difference.

imageimage

I had a couple wood chunks left over from a previous failed mini session(the reason I bought the new grate) so I decided to "smoke" the chops at 250 until the temp was 130.

After, I seared them for 2 minutes per side, flipping every minute.

I topped the chop with a bourbon-pecan onion topping and served it with the rice and beans my wife made.

The difference between heritage pork and the mass-produced stuff is marked. The "porkiness" was perfectly accentuated with the smoke and Bourbon flavors plus the sweetness from the caramelized onions. I enjoyed some Blue Mountain Dark Hollow with it.

Sorry for the crappy cellphone pics.

Comments