Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT Tenth Anniversary - Now What?

Options
Need some 'help'. Of course it's a "Diamond" anniversary. Yeesh. Ever see what $1000 or even $2000 buys in diamonds? Exactly, you can't see much. Pales in comparison to a 1c solitaire, anyway. Taking her along to Sunshine State Eggfest, which is fine for me but ain't going to cut it for her. The hotel on the beach for a weekend or so will be a start, though. I wish I could just get her a mini or something. How about a BGE ring? She got a new car last fall so that's out. We're selling the house so even a new house is in the works. I have a week to 'score' and was hoping to think up a slam dunk for the past month but right now might have to call a play and attempt a 3 and hope to hit it at the buzzer. Blue Nile here I come. Going to have to use the old Three Stooges trick and show her the diamonds with the magnifying glass. What did YOU do? Help me out here, we're all in this together ......

Comments

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,834
    Options

My wife decided for me that she "needed" an additional gold wedding band with inset diamonds to match the one she got for the wedding.  The decision-making was easy.  Fortunately, I had a month or so to work with a local jeweler.

Does she have diamond earrings?  If you can get her that plus some special flowers - from Hawaii or somewhere - you could probably end up in good shape.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Boileregger
    Boileregger Posts: 614
    Options
    My 10th is in May. Doing a week at a 5 diamond all-inclusive in Mexico WITH NO KIDS. What more could you ask for?
  • jls9595
    jls9595 Posts: 1,533
    Options
    My 9th is in June, all I have to do for that is cook a steak dinner right?
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • fletcherfam
    fletcherfam Posts: 935
    Options
    Find something on Groupon or whatnot for a trip they have decent deals
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,834
    Options
    jls9595 said:

My 9th is in June, all I have to do for that is cook a steak dinner right?

That plus maybe some flowers depending on what expectations you have created in the past. For our 20th we went to Napa/Sonoma - about a month later. On the actual date I went to a local florist and picked out a small bouquet with 6 roses and in the course of the conversation the salesperson learned it was for an anniversary. She strongly recommended that I get at least a dozen roses because she has seen a lot of men come back for another dozen after having their wives get angry at them for not getting at least a dozen in the first place.
    I showed great restraint and did not blurt out "Fortunately, I am not married to a selfish, materialistic, b"@ch.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Eggpharmer
    Eggpharmer Posts: 479
    Options
    @Boileregger‌ - where to if don't mind telling? We just went to iberostar grand down there and loved it.
    Austin, TX
  • Coastalcooker
    Coastalcooker Posts: 185
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Wife walked in the computer room one day and said, "Do you know what yesterday was?" Did I screw up? I think this was our 16th. She is never sure of the year either and finds the license every year or two to remind me.
    Oh I have had multiple marriages, so I am an expert to listen to about all things in dealing with women. Flowers die and who wears diamonds when working in the yard? Take her fishing.
    Bob
    Cookin' on the coast
    Shellman Bluff, GA
    Medium BGE

• Boileregger
    Boileregger Posts: 614
    Options

@Boileregger‌ - where to if don't mind telling? We just went to iberostar grand down there and loved it.

Leblanc in Cancun. Adults only and expensive enough to keep out the spring break crowd but still affordable. Did I mention no kids?
  • SteveWPBFL
    SteveWPBFL Posts: 1,327
    Options
    Pulled the trigger on some diamond earrings. Entry level. Same price as an XL. Yeesh, the DeBeers family owns us. Anyway, see some of you at Sunshine State Eggfest with you know who!  :-h