Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Valentines Dinner

Some porterhouse steaks asparagus mashed potatoesimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
Long Island N.Y.

Comments

• grege345grege345 Posts: 3,515
    They are awesome cuts of meat you have there sir!!! Bravo
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• CPARKTXCPARKTX Posts: 1,835
    Thats a serious hunk of meat. How did you do the asparagus?
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • buzd504buzd504 Posts: 2,524
    Those are beautiful steaks.  I guess I should go take a picture of the rib roast I just S&Ped.

In other news, I just fired up the Egg to a quick 600.  Closed the vents to about an inch and got the grill temp down to about 420 (!!) in about 10 minutes.  I'm still amazed at the temperature control of the Egg.
    NOLA
  • Damn, you guys are sweet. Shake'nbake chicken here and she's cooking it.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
  • dfrelichdfrelich Posts: 102
    Valentine dinner for 3? Looks great. What we had was Chicka Fila dinner. Kids were in our way.
    X-Large & Large
    Frederick County, MD
  • CharlesmaneriCharlesmaneri Posts: 1,295
    edited February 2014
    The asparagus I put italian seasoned bread crumbs fresh chopped garlic and grated parmesan cheese salt and pepper and EVOO and baked ay 350 for about 40 mins
    Long Island N.Y.
  • Philly35Philly35 Posts: 731
    That is an awesome looking steak right there!
    NW IOWA
  • BOWHUNRBOWHUNR Posts: 1,483
    The asparagus I put italian seasoned bread crumbs fresh chopped garlic and grated parmesan cheese salt and pepper and EVOO and baked ay 350 for about 40 mins
    That sounds interesting, but was the asparagus mushy?  350 for 40 minutes sounds like there would no texture/firmness left?  Just curious.

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • TackmanTackman Posts: 230
    Valentines day threesome? Good show!
    Cleveland, Ohio
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 4,712
    Go big or go home! I like your style! ;) Looks killer!
  • The asparagus were great I'm not exactly sure of the time they baked 40 mins is a guesstamit
    Long Island N.Y.
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 11,014
    Damn that's a hunk of meat! Nice!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • CharlesmaneriCharlesmaneri Posts: 1,295
    edited February 2014
    Caliking my motto is go big or go home !!!
    Long Island N.Y.