Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

1st Reverse sear, filets with pics

Options
KingtUT
KingtUT Posts: 157
edited February 2014 in EggHead Forum
Bought some PRIME filets from SAMs. They were1.5" thick. Seasoned with olive oil, Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper. Cooked at 300 indirect for 25 minutes to an internal temp of 125 (due to time constraints,I wasn't able to let the steaks get to room temp before putting on the egg...they sat out about 10 minutes so I'm assuming internal temp was about 45 when they went on). Pulled the steaks and covered with foil then removed the plate setter. Opened the top and the bottom vents fully and got the temp to 600 in 5 minutes (surprisingly fast). Seared them 2 minutes on each side then let them rest under foil for 10 minutes before eating (seemed like forever!). Internal temp after resting was 145. I was shooting for 135-140 so they got a little more done than I had planned but they were still awesome. Consider me a fan of the reverse sear method.

Comments