Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Waffle maker

Grandkids over last weekend and our wedding present waffle iron finally quit, you would figure you could get more than 43 years out of one of these things wouldn't you?
Any one have any thoughts, likes or dislikes?

(no comment from VI please, I do not want waffles in the shape of the great State of Texas, nice as that may be)
Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!

Comments

• My wedding was only 3 years ago and we got an Alclad one from William Sanoma. It's pricey, but built like a tank and makes great waffles, we love it.
    LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    I like the All Clad and this new Breville seems pretty sweet. It lets you adjust the doneness similar to a toaster. It's pricey too.

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Make pancakes and run over them with these.

:-q
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • flemster
    flemster Posts: 269
    I have a Waring Pro bought online.  Love it.  Fast and good ability to adjust the "doneness".  Really like it.

And a great Waffle Recipe: Maryland Cream Waffles"  I substitute some oil for some of the melted butter.... still works great.
    MARYLAND CREAM WAFFLES 
    2 c. flour
    2 tsp. sugar
    1/2 tsp. salt
    4 tsp. baking powder
    2 eggs
    1 3/4 c. milk
    1/2 c. melted butter

Mix and sift dry ingredients together; add milk which has been mixed with beaten egg yolks. Add melted butter. Beat until all lumps have disappeared and you have a smooth creamy mixture. Fold in beaten egg whites. Put correct amount of batter in preheated waffle irons. Bake about 3 minutes or until steam has ceased issuing from the iron. Serve piping hot.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keywords: Gator, Nashvegas, LBGE, Looftlighter, Thermapen in Racing Green (faster than the red one!), PSWOO2, Spider with CI, IQ120
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    edited January 2014
    henapple said:
    Make pancakes and run over them with these. :-q
    Did you know that the first pair of those shoes, before there was a Nike, was in fact, made with a waffle iron? Phil Knight was just an average runner for the University of Oregon when his coach, Bill Bowerman, invented the Waffle Trainer, molding the soles on a waffle iron. They co-founded Nike starting with that product.

Bowerman's wife wasn't too happy about the waffle iron. But I guess she got over it.

EDIT: Okay, my timing was a bit off, but close enough. It was a long time ago. :)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    @flemster - The Waring Pro 600 double is the right size and shape and cooks two at a time, SWMBO insists waffles must be round (I detect an Eggo childhood) she was all set to buy it today. @JerkChicken - thanks for the suggestion, had not looked at WS. Everything else we've bought there was great. 
    I like the square units (thanks @Eggcelsior) and either the Breville or the Cuisinart have some great features including multiple griddle plates.  
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Chris_Wang
    Chris_Wang Posts: 1,254
    Where is VI anyway?

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer