Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hangover food

Options
2»

Comments

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    A burger or something greasy. Good mexican food usually does the trick. Barbacoa or carne guisada, cheese enchiladas covered with chili gravy and more cheese. Extra chips and salsa and flour tortillas on the side with a margarita on the rocks. Damn, now I want Mexican food and I'm not even hungover.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• makis
    makis Posts: 81
    Options
    That takes me back some years....I think it was bananas and some very sweet tea...And a couple of shots of tequila :D
  • Helmet
    Helmet Posts: 163
    Options
    Greasy food actually makes your hangover last longer because your body won't metabolize the alcohol as fast if you fill yourself full of greasy food. Now I know you asked about hangover food, and who doesn't like greasy hangover food, but just an FYI, if you are honestly looking for a tried and true 'hangover cure' the answer is shockingly simple. Pedialyte. If you can manage to get 3/4 of a bottle down before you go to bed, you won't believe how much it'll help in the morning. If you wake up with one, trust me, go get some unflavored pedialyte, unchilled and pound as much of it down as you can (hopefully at least 3/4 of the bottle for a 190lb man), take an ibuprofen and give yourself about 40 minutes and you'll be amazed at the results. Seriously, give it a try. The reason it works so well is that it has about 5X the amount of electrolytes as gatoraide.
    Medium BGE, Weber Q120 (The traveller)
    "I claim artistic license, it has a good beat, I can dance to it"
  • Helmet
    Helmet Posts: 163
    Options
    The reason I said unchilled is that I believe that liquids have to cool to body temperature before they are absorbed into the body.
    Medium BGE, Weber Q120 (The traveller)
    "I claim artistic license, it has a good beat, I can dance to it"