Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Just got my second BGE!

I got my XL about two years ago and just picked up a Medium. When I joined this I heard several people talking about once you get one you are going to want to get another one. I thought those people were crazy! I was wrong. I am loving this! I don't post that often here but I have learned a lot from people here.

XL BGE, Medium BGE, 36" Blackstone, & UDS
Keller, TX

Comments

• bud812bud812 Posts: 1,779
    Nice setup. It only took me about 6 months to get the second one.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• Sweet! Nice table too!
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." - NdGT

"The truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand." - DT

• DMWDMW Posts: 10,901
    Congrats!
    My Facebook Page where I document my cooking
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - 18.5" WSM - Gasser - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 7,445
    Very nice! Congrats!
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,613
    Welcome to the multiple Egg club. Two is bettah than one.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• jhl192jhl192 Posts: 1,006
    You and I traveled the same path.  XL about 1 1/2 years ago and the Medium just before Christmas!  Its an awesome setup.  Now we can feed from 2 to 20 now!   I found myself not grilling because I didn't want to fire up the XL for just a single steak or chicken for the wife and I.  I also like the ability to reverse sear or Trex using two, or low and slow on one and direct on the other.  The possibilities are endless!   Enjoy.  Really like your table.  I have been dragging butt building mine for a year. There are newbies on here that built nice ones in less than a week!  I am ashamed.  
    XL BGE; Medium BGE; L BGE 
  • minniemohminniemoh Posts: 2,072
    Congrats on the new medium. I still miss mine but I'll have another one someday - it's just the perfect size for so many cooks.
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • BYS1981BYS1981 Posts: 2,497
    Medium XL combination is a nice one. I started with medium and just hit my XL. A table is in my cards, but I'd like to be in my next house - I plan on moving when I can.
  • RACRAC Posts: 1,688
    Congrats!

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• Nice set up. I just have 1 large but will probably get the small in the near future.
    ShannyShooShoo 
    Owner of 1 Mini BGE and 1 Wood-fired Brick Oven.
    Mother of 4 boys, 1 obese feline, 1 mean-assed chow, 1 rowdy bulldog, and 6 completely spoiled sugar gliders
  • Congratulations.  Great looking set-up.  I'll be joining the club in a few weeks.  Gettin a small to go with the large.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

• Tspud1Tspud1 Posts: 756
    Griffin said:
    Welcome to the multiple Egg club. Two is bettah than one.
    And three is...
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 9,785
    Sweet table. I bought 3 within a few months, while SWMBO was still softened up. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • otterotter Posts: 282
    We have had a LBGE for 1.5 yrs, got a small for our Christmas present. Two Eggs Rock!
    Pure Michigan
    Grand Rapids, Michigan  LBGE, SBGE
  • NJ_BBQNJ_BBQ Posts: 116
    I hope to follow your lead, have the XL and feeling the need to add a medium.
    Basking  Ridge, NJ - XL with KAB
  • jfm0830jfm0830 Posts: 987
    Congrats on the new addition to your family!! I was like you in a way. I thought I might get a Small some year down the road. Instead it was a second Large after 5 months. Now a third one doesn't seem out of the question.
    3 LBGE & More Eggcessories than I care to think about.
  • tksmoketksmoke Posts: 776

Most Eggcelent!!!  I've been drooling over a Medium to go along with my XL.  Could anyone loan me a couple hundred thousand $$$???

Santa Paula, CA
  • insanehinsaneh Posts: 112
    Lucky dog! I just found one on CL. 5 year old large. Guy wants 900 firm.
    I was hoping for a better deal.
    Dead smack in the middle of NH