Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Finally nailed it

Options
After a year of cooking on the egg, I finally nailed it. Not sure about the rest of you, but my family gets in a cooking rut. We cook the same things over and over again. I'm not sure if busy schedules, human nature or lazyiness is to blame. I'm not sure why it took so long, but I tried a Spatchcock Chicken last night for the first time. Cooked two chickens, 1 with Tsunami Spin and the other with Raging River. Cooked raised direct, 400 and no wood for smoke. I checked at 55 minutes and it was maybe 5 degrees over target. Took them out, let them rest and dug into the Tsunami Spin rubbed Chicken. Even SWMBO said wow, this chicken is really good. The picture doesn't show how moist it was. Like many before me, I will never cook Chicken any other way in the future.
LBGE, Marietta, GA

Comments