Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Ultimate Peach Cobbler

Options
124»

Comments

• jtcBoynton
    jtcBoynton Posts: 2,814
    Options
    llrickman said:
    BTW where's the best place t o find a cast iron pan like that with no handles? everything I find won't fit in my egg or isn't made in the USA 
    Check out Lodge L8SKL Cast Iron Skillet, Dual Handle Pan. Has two small handles instead of the long one.  Three sizes.  The 12" is being offered on Amazon right know at a very good price.  It is the go to pan in my kitchen.
    Southeast Florida - LBGE
    In cooking, often we implement steps for which we have no explanations other than ‘that’s what everybody else does’ or ‘that’s what I have been told.’  Dare to think for yourself.

• jtcBoynton
    jtcBoynton Posts: 2,814
    Options
    Just finished baking a tropical version. Mango. 

Was in a hurry so missed the pan size recommendation.  Thought I saw a 10.5” mentioned. Needed to be bigger or a tall sided pan. 

Southeast Florida - LBGE
    In cooking, often we implement steps for which we have no explanations other than ‘that’s what everybody else does’ or ‘that’s what I have been told.’  Dare to think for yourself.

• smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options
    llrickman said:
    BTW where's the best place t o find a cast iron pan like that with no handles? everything I find won't fit in my egg or isn't made in the USA 
    Mine is the 12" Lodge, 14.5" handle to handle.  I probably picked it up at Academy Sports.  It is a good size for the LBGE!  :)
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    smbishop said:
    llrickman said:
    Mine is the 12" Lodge, 14.5" handle to handle.  I probably picked it up at Academy Sports.  It is a good size for the LBGE!  :)
    Love me some cobbler (with Peach wood smoke) of the egg. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • gmanrva
    gmanrva Posts: 424
    Options
    I need to give this a try. Looks amazing. Thanks for bringing this thread back.
    LGE Mechanicsville Va, XLGE Wake Va., LGE Duck NC.
    Formely Gman2 before password debacle 
  • photolew
    photolew Posts: 12
    Options
    Peaches are just coming into season here...going to give this a whirl...toss in a few blueberries too
  • dcc
    dcc Posts: 90
    Options
    Just picked up some peaches.  I see one of these with a little bourbon flavor in the near future.
    Houston (Clear Lake) TX
    2 LBGE, 1 Mini-Max

• EagleIII
    EagleIII Posts: 415
    Options
    @dcc - what if you marinated the peaches in the bourbon?  That sounds really good!
  • NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Options
    BUMP - gonna make ths tmrw - got 2 big crates of georgia peaches . . cant wait.
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • Bar
    Bar Posts: 166
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Well I dig those Georgia peaches, makes me feel right at home.
  • Bar
    Bar Posts: 166
    Options
    That does look good!
  • dmourati
    dmourati Posts: 1,268
    Options
    Oh man, I'm making this.
    Mountain View, CA
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    smbishop said:
    llrickman said:
    never thought of using peach wood for a peach cobler . . . duh  :o
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • northGAcock
    edited August 2021
    Options
    loco_engr said:
    smbishop said:
    llrickman said:
    never thought of using peach wood for a peach cobler . . . duh  :o
    A little will go a long way. Enjoy. 

• dmourati
    Options
    This was one of my first desserts on the egg. Will make again. 
    Mountain View, CA
  • dmourati
    Options
    I didn't get the crust/cobbler batter to rise above the peaches.

QQ: how long do I have to wait after dumping the batter in before dumping in the fruit?
    Mountain View, CA
  • northGAcock
    Options
    dmourati said:
    I didn't get the crust/cobbler batter to rise above the peaches.

QQ: how long do I have to wait after dumping the batter in before dumping in the fruit?
    Right away. 

• jdMyers
    jdMyers Posts: 1,336
    Options
    Makes me want to try it and a pineapple upside down cake.   Man being diabetic socks.  
    Columbus, Ohio
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options

This was my first try in the kitchen hot box Saturday due to preparing for Henri (Eggs were locked down). 

It is a great recipe and will definitely do it again. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • dmourati
    Options
    Another one.

Mountain View, CA
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    Looks perfect. It’s past time for me to make this again. 
    Snellville, GA

• Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Got some fresh peaches on my way home in Georgia. This recipe is FIRE!!

XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    oh damn.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • dmourati
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Necro bump but I made this again and we are in or fast approaching summer.

If cooking this on the Egg, should it go direct or indirect?

I cooked direct and noticed I got a little bit of a burned crust on yesterday's and one previous version posted above.

Thanks.

Mountain View, CA