Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cookinbob

Why do you keep slammin' my posts. Have I peed you off somehow. I have several hundred trolls and about the same in flags but I knew why. If you could man up and tell me what the problem is we could sort it out or not. Strikes me as kind of chickenshit to keep doing it semi-anonymously.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

Comments

• This used to be a much friendlier place.   :(

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Cookinbob
    Cookinbob Posts: 1,691
    I am am blown away that you or anyone else feels I have slammed their post.  Neither you or anyone else has peed me off.  The last comment I made was just an affirmation of what @Eggcelsior stated about the location being in Canada.  If I am posting offensive comments here, somebody let me know.  I do not know any of you personally, so have never made any comments even in jest that I thought would be taken personally.
    XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
    Rochester, NY
  • Cookinbob said:
    I am am blown away that you or anyone else feels I have slammed their post.  Neither you or anyone else has peed me off.  The last comment I made was just an affirmation of what @Eggcelsior stated about the location being in Canada.  If I am posting offensive comments here, somebody let me know.  I do not know any of you personally, so have never made any comments even in jest that I thought would be taken personally.
    I have to apologize for that. I was going through my negative comments and flags etc yesterday and there are a lot of new ones. There were a couple of trolls around a while back that were giving everybody flags and trolls. I am sorry that I jumped on you and yes, alcohol was involved.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Greeno55
    Greeno55 Posts: 635
    edited December 2013
    Holy sh*t LS, you do take a bit of a beating in your flags don't you?
    LBGE (2012), MiniMax (2014), and too many Eggcessories to list.  - Sudbury, Ontario
  • Cookinbob
    Look closely, I have never flagged, liked, agreed, or disagreed with any post.  Was it @Eggcelsior quoting me and jagging you?  I think you two are acquainted.  I'm just here for fun.
    Rochester, NY
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    This used to be a much friendlier place.   :(
    The King has returned! Missed you buddy!

I saw this post last night and was wondering what happened. The only thing I could see was a "Disagree" you posted on LS's thread about his new vac sealer. I presumed it was inadvertent. 

We are all here for fun. Like LS said, when the Cristal is poured, the beats be flowin'. He's a high roller.

• The King has returned! Missed you buddy!

Whiskey River took my mind.  I let your memory torture me.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    That's some great high-roller juice that @Eggcelsior credits LS with!  And welcome back @V_I
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Son, you ain't got she-it for a troll count.
    Cookinbob said:
    I have to apologize for that. I was going through my negative comments and flags etc yesterday and there are a lot of new ones. There were a couple of trolls around a while back that were giving everybody flags and trolls. I am sorry that I jumped on you and yes, alcohol was involved.
    We all know who it is: VI...........................
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mr. VI to you, Salado Breath.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Eggcelsior
    This thread is getting better and better. If @chubbs posts, we have completed the degenerate return trifecta!
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Mr. VI to you, Salado Breath.

just checked you counts and ran into a post to you by Chubbs asking if: did you follow the 7 day rule for curing you belly. I stopped reading................
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey said:
    Mr. VI to you, Salado Breath.

just checked you counts and ran into a post to you by Chubbs asking if: did you follow the 7 day rule for curing you belly. I stopped reading................
    Linda was right.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Cookinbob
    I saw this post last night and was wondering what happened. The only thing I could see was a "Disagree" you posted on LS's thread about his new vac sealer. I presumed it was inadvertent. 
    If I posted a disagree on the Vac sealer thread, it was inadvertent.  I viewed that one on my phone, and I do have fat fingers. I did not have any reason to comment.
    Rochester, NY
  • Eggcelsior
    edited December 2013
  • double
    double Posts: 1,214
    See and everyone gets along. Such a happy place.
    Lynnwood WA
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    @ Nolaegghead...holy **** balls! 360 trolls? Really?! Why? I personally seem to be on this site more than FB (and I am on FB a lot). I enjoy coming on here to see what folks are making in their eggs, recipes, techniques etc. But, definitely not to get into pissin contests etc. This seems to be a friendly forum with one common goal...Egging :-D. Sad to hear that apparently a few Dbags can make it a sour experience (but, thankfully they do not make up the majority).
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Eggcelsior
    @Nolaegghead...holy **** balls! 360 trolls? Really?! Why? I personally seem to be on this site more than FB (and I am on FB a lot). I enjoy coming on here to see what folks are making in their eggs, recipes, techniques etc. But, definitely not to get into pissin contests etc. This seems to be a friendly forum with one common goal...Egging :-D. Sad to hear that apparently a few Dbags can make it a sour experience (but, thankfully they do not make up the majority).
    You should have seen him before. He was at around 440 but those ne'erdowells who were banned/deleted had their troll markers deleted too. Those were the days...

Most people with a high number of "trolls" were just trolled themselves. 
  • Nolaegghead wears his troll count as a badge of honor. 

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Eggcelsior
    edited December 2013
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    edited December 2013
    Quit posting broken image links!!!! Troll!!!!

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Eggcelsior
    edited December 2013
    I don't know what the hell is going on. 

EDIT:This is what was supposed to post.
  • Cookinbob
    All right, What's a troll?
    Rochester, NY
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Cookinbob said:
    Someone who basically joins online communities just to stir up trouble:

We had one a while back who would just flag everyone's post with "off topic" or "troll".  I wish they would just eliminate these silly flags.  It is too easy to accidentally flag someone on a touch screen.  I too have fat fingers.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Greeno55
    Greeno55 Posts: 635
    edited December 2013
    Cookinbob said:
    Someone who basically joins online communities just to stir up trouble:

We had one a while back who would just flag everyone's post with "off topic" or "troll".  I wish they would just eliminate these silly flags.  It is too easy to accidentally flag someone on a touch screen.  I too have fat fingers.  

I agree 100%. This forum should be for fun and education. If someone is crossing the line, and we can't deal with it between ourselves, then we can report them to moderators. That, though, is another story. So much of the good natured ribbing, among other things are way off topic for a bbq forum, but that's also what makes it fun, I see many threads both on and off topic that I don't have an interest in, so I don't read it. While at the same time, enjoy the banter in many of the off topic ones.
    LBGE (2012), MiniMax (2014), and too many Eggcessories to list.  - Sudbury, Ontario
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    You should have seen him before. He was at around 440 but those ne'erdowells who were banned/deleted had their troll markers deleted too. Those were the days...

Most people with a high number of "trolls" were just trolled themselves. 
    Some folks like to masturtroll more than others...

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • This thread is hilarious! So Steve, was that foot done indirect, raised direct or perhaps reverse seared?
    Flint, Michigan
  • Wish I could take it down buddy.

Steve 

Caledon, ON