Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Deal of a lifetime!!!

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    Options
    njl, if you are close by, feel free to stop by my place and pick up some for free. I don't like it.

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Tjcoley said:
    I was in Dollar Tree and saw these 3 oz rib eyes for just $1. I went up to the counter and said that they must have priced them wrong, as rib eyes are much more expensive than $1. They insisted that $1 was correct. I took the moral high ground and didn't buy them.
    I bet Dollar Tree steaks are very high quality
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    KennyLee said:

Have any of u used Stubbs Lump? $8.99 for #15 right now (regular price not on sale). I have only used BGE, RO & Cowboy.
    I went through one 34 lb. bag and didn't like it at all.....the only lump I would not buy again that I've used.

Thanks for the heads up. That seems to be the general consensus on this brand lump.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    Bump. Just because of @cazzy stack of OO :smiley:
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    cazzy said:
    Just saying: $5 a bag and better than that cowboy ****! Not to mention, got to have a great dinner with my "delivery guy". Peace out bitches!! :D

RIP OO :cry:
    Time to make a stealth roadtrip to raid @henapple 's stash. :lol:
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    cazzy said:
    Just saying: $5 a bag and better than that cowboy ****! Not to mention, got to have a great dinner with my "delivery guy". Peace out bitches!! :D

RIP OO :cry:
    Time to make a stealth roadtrip to raid @henapple 's stash. :lol:
    I still had 10-12 bags in the attic when I was up there the other day.
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @Lit Jelly!  I called to order a pallet once I heard the scuttlebutt of them closing shop and by then they would only sell to distributors or if you came in and picked it up directly.  They had a solid product that a lot of people miss around here.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    I remember that @NPHuskerFL that guy was an ****! 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    I remember that @NPHuskerFL that guy was an ****! 

Awww snap! That's right we both tried to order direct that day.  I even offered to pay extra freight and have it delivered to my office commercial address and he was cray cray mean on the phone.  I think he even said "You're not hearing me!  I'm not gonna sell to you!" and hung up.  Glad I have Rockwood & Fogo readily available but, it would've been nice to have a pallet of OO also.

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    I didn't know the lump this guy bought was cowboy. He did lowes a favor, I posted a while back Home Depot was letting this stuff go for $2-3 a bag one day. I was giddy and bought a bunch, it was absolute garbage. I gave it all away, my thread is somewhere but cowboy was junk.
    Seattle, WA
  • BilZol
    BilZol Posts: 698
    Options
    Ok, so if you guys saw a good deal and it was priced wrong you would bring it to the attention of the manager and then you would pay full price?? Yea right!! Not my fault someone screwed up. And I will enjoy my lump.
    I would and have, it's a matter of ethics. If they agreed to still sell it at that price it would be their perogative. 
    Bill   Denver, CO
    XL, 2L's, and MM
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    I have one bag of OO left. Been using RW since OO went away but now I can get Parkers. I have like it a LOT. Not as cheap as OO was but its not bad. 

Little Rock, AR

• GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    edited December 2016
    Options
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Deal = steal.  Uncool in every respect.  Lack of insight, simply telling.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • nolabrew
    nolabrew Posts: 246
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Tjcoley said:
    I was in Dollar Tree and saw these 3 oz rib eyes for just $1. I went up to the counter and said that they must have priced them wrong, as rib eyes are much more expensive than $1. They insisted that $1 was correct. I took the moral high ground and didn't buy them.
    My friends and I had a dollar tree cook off where everyone made something using only ingredients from the dollar tree.  As a joke we decided to get a couple of the steaks.  It's mostly liquid and within a minute of tossing them on a hot grill they shriveled up so much that one of them fell through the grate.  I was the only one who would try it and it tasted like good beef jerky.  Next time we'll sous vide them. 

Side note: We had 3 very good dishes from dollar tree products; bacon mac and cheese, red beans and rice and apple cobbler. 
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,025
    Options
    nolabrew said:
    thetrim said:
    Tjcoley said:
    My friends and I had a dollar tree cook off where everyone made something using only ingredients from the dollar tree.  As a joke we decided to get a couple of the steaks.  It's mostly liquid and within a minute of tossing them on a hot grill they shriveled up so much that one of them fell through the grate.  I was the only one who would try it and it tasted like good beef jerky.  Next time we'll sous vide them. 

Side note: We had 3 very good dishes from dollar tree products; bacon mac and cheese, red beans and rice and apple cobbler. 
    @nolabrew That has to be one of the coolest cook offs I've ever heard of. That's awesome!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    I hope you feel like dog meat every time you light up your ill-gotten gains. 

I could see buying a bag or two but clearing the shelf was not only selfish it was "in your face". 

Good to be you with your 17 bags of dusty lump. 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options

Good job OP.

Though I never bought cowboy, getting Rockwood shipped isn't all that great either. FedEx can really beat up a package. I can take what I got and put it side by side next to RO  and no one would be able to tell the difference.

I got 5 bags in my last Rockwood order. One of the bags had about 8-10" of dust at the bottom. 

I expect some at the end of the bag but this was over the top. 

Shoulda gone to Lowes but I heard they were sold out. 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    nolabrew said:
    thetrim said:
    Tjcoley said:

This would be fun.  Lately I've been doing Aldi challenges.
    Found these nice roasts for $5.99/lb, 6 to 8lb, bone-in choice.  Boneless lamb, same price....not bad.

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• CazualWhiteGuy
    Options
    As someone who has worked retail for close to a decade, you are the worst type of customer. The ones that act like I HAVE to sell them something for a price because it was incorrectly marked on accident are just horrible, I don't have to sell you a damn thing. As a store manager I can make the call if I'd like to sell you anything or not. Taking advantage and extremely greedy in this situation, I would not have sold it and shame on you.
    Minneapolis, MN - 1 Large Big Green Egg & 1 Small Big Green Egg