Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Boneless top sirloin petite roast.

Options
windsurfer
windsurfer Posts: 63
edited November 2013 in EggHead Forum
First i want to thanks Nibble Me This for his great blogs and Adam Perry Lang for his great books.
I used recipes from both of them but the one who encourage me to do top sirloin is Nibble me this after going true his blog i get mouth watering when i saw his Sirloin.
Here how i get started with some nice Single Malt and a good Cigar and i end it up with a good bottle of wine :-)

Comments

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    That looks outstanding. Do you have more details on the cook? How big was the roast? Temp? Finishing meat temp? Time?

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• windsurfer
    windsurfer Posts: 63
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Thanks Foghorn!
    One was 2 pounds and the second 1.5 pound.
    I had made a 4 seasons for my rub an advance
    1 cup kosher salt
    2 tbsp fresh ground pepper
    2 tbsp garlic salt
    1 tsp cayenne pepper
    I combine them all and put them in the grinder 
    Don't use all of them i just used a little bit just to cover the roast and i store the rest for future cooking.
    As for the board dressing 
    Parsley, kosher salt, chopped scallion, chopped garlic, olive oil, chopped thyme and rosemarie.
    as for cooking time it took me about 50 minutes to get to 130f i took it of and sear each side for about 45 second. took inside let it rest for 8 minutes and check temp it was 138.
    It was so tender no knife need it. 
    Hope this help
  • terry_b
    Options
    Wow, you are living the good life, great wine, great cheese, prosciutto, meat looks perfect!
  • windsurfer
    Options
    Thanks Terry!
    That's why i work so hard all week so i can have a good time with my family and friends.