Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Off Topic: Wine Snobbery

Options
13»

Comments

• Cymbaline65
    Options

@Eggcelsior: Wife and two daughters ages 11 and 16. Lots of estrogen in the house. I think that constitutes a "gaggle." :-)

In the  Hinterlands between Cumming and Gainesville, GA
    Med BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe, Brinkman Dual Zone, Weber Genesis Gas Grill and portable gasser for boating
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    @Cymbaline65. Sigh, me too. Just ages 20 and 3 months. I can't wait until puberty hits.
  • Cookinbob
    Cookinbob Posts: 1,691
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Oops, wrong thread
    XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
    Rochester, NY
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,515
    Options
    Just got back from a wine-pairing dinner at my favorite local restaurant, Zucca's in South Ogden.

Food menu here

Ownership is changing, and they didn't supply a menu/winelist with the dinner to take notes on like they usually do, so I can't remember all the wines we had, other than that they were from northern Italy.  
    The duck ravioli were fantastic!  I'm not a big fan of risotto, but theirs with 3-year Parm and sauteed scallops was very good, as was the smoked pork belly (don't think they have a BGE, they do have a brick pizza oven supposedly shipped from Italy (shipping costs?!?)  
    The "refresher" in the middle of the meal was super-frozen cuke and gin "ice", it was so firm it was hard to eat and kinda bizarre tasting.  But, the limoncello sorbet at the end of the meal, with ice wine (made from grapes picked during a frost) was phenomenal!  
    Good Stuff, Maynard!  
    :-bd

"Commander, say hello to Cricket!"  - KN

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    edited November 2013
    Options

I forgot to put this link in the first time this thread came around. This is a magazine put out by the LCBO (liquor Control Board of Ontario) where we go for wine and spirits. Each recipe comes with a wine or beer paring and the format is kind of neat. It gives you a pic of the plated dish.

http://www.lcbo.com/fooddrink/recipes.shtml

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,863
    edited November 2013
    Options

That's great LS.  It's good to know that there is a site where I can go to have some Canadians who are in charge of liquor control tell me what to drink with my meal. 

I looked around a little and decided it's not for me based on the following:

There are no beef desserts.

Riesling doesn't seem like the right thing to drink with pork dumplings.

I'm probably just too low-brow for that site.  Maybe after a few more years of hanging around the fine folks here I'll be able to appreciate it more.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Little Steven
    Options

Canadiens????? 

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Foghorn
    Options

Thanks for catching that.  It was not intentional and has been corrected.  No offense.  I did not mean to suggest that Ontarians are Quebcois.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Little Steven
    Options
    Nous sommes tous maudite français ici tabernac

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Foghorn
    Options
    Je vous entends.

San Antonio, TX