Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

skinless Chicken Wrapped in Foil

Options
bigguy136
bigguy136 Posts: 1,362
This morning I did my first ever 3-2-1 ribs for my parents and they said they were a big improvement over my normal 6 hour ribs. I needed some left-overs (ribs are gone) for lunch tomorrow so I thought I would put on a chicken. I always pull the skin before cooking and there is a thin dry layer on the chicken after cooking so I figure if it's good for the ribs, it should be good for the chicken. Here are the photos so far. The 2nd photo is when the chicken hit 135 degrees.

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

Comments

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,834
    Options
    Interesting.  Let us know how it works out..

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• bigguy136
    bigguy136 Posts: 1,362
    Options
    It came out very good. I will be making it again but maybe I'll wrap the chicken sooner.

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig