Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Restaurants Using BGE?

Options
2»

Comments

• JohnnyArms
    JohnnyArms Posts: 38
    Options
    blueinatl said:
    Here in Atlanta there is a Food Truck that uses a BGE (can't remember the name) and 2 restaurants - Muss & Turner's which had their kitchen modified to permanently use BGEs and Local Three which does some of its cooking on the patio on the BGE (both restaurants owned by the same folks).  Damn fine burgers at Local Three on Saturday afternoon's (called Burger's and Brew!)
    Second Local 3. Phenomenal whisky and adult beverage selection as well. Great stop for hard to find Japanese’s whiskys
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,675
    Options
    In Salado The Shed has an XL used daily. 

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• AprèsSki
    AprèsSki Posts: 131
    Options
    I walked past a KJ on the porch just off of the kitchen of a Michelin starred restaurant in Riquewihr, Alsace. It looked well used. Our midday tasting menu lunch was amazing but I don't think the KJ was used to make any of it.
    Firing up my XL Big Green Egg, KJ Jr. or Weber gasser in Salt Lake City
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,359
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Not the Green Company, but a few years ago a place in Raleigh, NC called The Kamado Grille used to have a dozen Red Company kamados in use.
    They went out of business but a different restaurant (Cape Fear Seafood Company) opened in that location but I have no idea if the kept using the kamados.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,678
    Options
    The urban cookhouse in Birmingham al use the egg to cook with. They advertise that it's awesome. http://urbancookhouse.com/our-story/
    I live near Birmingham, I've never been to Urban Cookhouse, but I have a nephew that goes there fairly regularly. He seems to like it pretty well.
    From what I can tell, it seems to attract the younger hipster crowd.
  • dannys
    dannys Posts: 164
    Options
    If you go to biggreenegg.com and look through the back issues, you will find a bunch of restaurants that use BGE - either exclusively or as another way to cook.
  • DFW
    DFW Posts: 208
    Options
  • divided_wood
    Options
    Big Green Q here in Omaha is a food truck that uses BGEs for most of their cooking. Pretty good!