Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket Wrapping

Has anyone used parchment paper instead of foil or butcher paper to wrap

Comments

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 23,130
    edited June 2013
    Yes. I know Cazzy has too. I never like to wrap in anything unless I have to.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Big B
    Big B Posts: 14
    Thanks big brisket this weekend and have never wrapped however just saw the Franklin video and got to thinking I might try. Don't have butcher paper but have some parchment
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002

Yes. I know Cazzy has too. I never like to wrap in anything unless I have too.

Wiser words have never been spoken. Except the final "too" should have read "to".
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Sorry dude, I misread that. I've never used parchment. Only butcher. You don't need to wrap unless you go over 275-300.
  • Fixed it Travis. Thank you.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    I think Frankln BBQ has a hidden elevator that transports the brisket to a secret lair filled with PolyScience sous vide baths and vacuum sealers.  He buys good quality meat (most of the battle), injects the brisket with nano-marinade, vacuum seals it, sous vide to break down the connective tissue, then in a radio frequency bark fabricator, and finally elevated back into the red-neck giant propane-tank or whatever faux smoker the public sees, and presto: da bombe.  Then he shoots some secret DIY brisket learning video series to throw all the competition off the trail of the "real" process, and buys stock in butcher paper.  Brilliant.  Wish I thought of it. 
  • Hi Big B, I used a combo of parchment, then foil for years, but now I find for super moist meat, I use roasting bags. Just plop the meat in once in plateau range, add 1/2 cup appropriate liquid, twist bag closed (don't use any twist-tie so steam pressure can vent, and put back in the egg. Great way also to take finished brisket or butt to reheat.