Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anyone have experience or opinion on this......

Options
I haven't seen this before today but bought a bag....appears to be made specifically for ACE but I have never heard anything about it.....if you have used and any thoughts please chime in.image
Large BGE Middletown, MD

Comments

• U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Options
    i think the whiz chimed in a while back said it is royal oak rebanded for ace.  i've used it a few times it is cheap and better than the cowboy the carry.  i don't get all the hype over lump, your gonna burn it anyways.
  • vtsmoker
    vtsmoker Posts: 7
    Options

Check out lump charcoal comparision.com   Some of this stuff is pure s--t. 

Do your research so as not to screw up a good smoke with bogus chemicals from an inferior lump.

All charcoal is not created equal................................................................

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    agreed that all are not created equal but I dunno that there are any chemicals in any lump. It's all carbon. some ashes more and some bags are full of dust etc. but in general, you can cook fine with almost all of them. I've seen rocks, metal bands, fenceposts and flooring scraps before (not what you want), but in the end, the actual lump in the bags was fine (including the lumber/flooring scraps)
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX