Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Inspiration

Options
J_Que
J_Que Posts: 223
I've been on a bit of a flank steak binge lately and since it's only the wife and I, we always have plenty leftover. Normally I'll make flank fajitas, tacos or even casadias with the leftovers, but this time around I wanted to try something different. A couple years back I was on a Panini kick and bought a commercial Panini press. The thing is a monster, weights like 75lbs and the wife hates it. Mostly because it takes me a couple days to put it back when I finished. So while I was putting my eggcessories away after my last flank cook I tripped over the press and it came to me. Flank Steak Panini's!

What you see below is a Flank Steak Panini with a homemade roasted garlic aioli, carmalized onions and roquefort blue cheese. Pressed it for 4 minutes and it came out perfect. Served it with a Hopdevil and even the wife was OK with the press sitting out for a couple more days.

I guess sometimes you just trip over inspiration.

Hope you-all like.

J

I know all the rules, but the rules do not know me.

Small, Medium, 2 Large, XL ,Stumps XL Stretch, Workhorse 1975

Comments