Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
National BBQ Month sure was tasty! We hope you got to try just as many new BBQ recipes as we did and some old favorites as well. If not, you can find all our BBQ recipes here and try them out all summer long. One of our favorites was Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise and Ted Reader’s Rum Injected Sweet Potatoes. As the weather’s heating up, use your EGG for a cool treat-Ice Cream Sandwiches! Keep an eye out for some Father’s Day recipes from chefs & their dads, coming soon!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

first try at cioppino

Of course Well this was interesting,  wanted to try this so went for it. Cooked up a couple of sourdough bowls. 350 for about 25 min. 200 deg. Internal. Then using chicken broth,  sautéed onion, garlic, shrimp, muscles,  clams, tomatoes,  and creole spices, cooked it up in a CI DO and made a sourdough bowl. Turned out pretty good for a first time. Only took about 45 to an hour start to finish. Of course the dough was already made and proofed. imageimageimageimageimage
·

Comments

• Oh I almost forgot no cook is complete without my lucky shirt.  :D image
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,303

Bravo! Authour! Ya man! My favourite cook.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,906
    Looks really good! =P~

I like the bread bowl on the egg idea. I have to pay big $ for seafood here in Oklahoma but I would love a bowl of that!
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
    ·

• Solson005 said:
    Looks really good! =P~ I like the bread bowl on the egg idea. I have to pay big $ for seafood here in Oklahoma but I would love a bowl of that!
    Bread for me is kinda iffy, I have made more tortillas that was supposed to be bread lol. If your everv in the Northwest your welcome to come on over for some fresh seafood.  :)
    ·
  • Bravo! Authour! Ya man! My favourite cook.

Thank you, I think it's one of mine new favs. Cant wait for crab to come in.
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,303
    I served it to my wife on our third date. I think that won her over. I had a big bowl of crushed ice and laid the seafood on it. Butchered a couple of lobsters and set them on the ice. It was a good thing she didn't see me pick up one of the tails and have it jump out of my hand and dance all around the kitchen. I might still be single

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • I served it to my wife on our third date. I think that won her over. I had a big bowl of crushed ice and laid the seafood on it. Butchered a couple of lobsters and set them on the ice. It was a good thing she didn't see me pick up one of the tails and have it jump out of my hand and dance all around the kitchen. I might still be single

=)) awsome, great story. 
    ·