Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Loquat Tomatillo Salsa

egger ave
egger ave Posts: 721
edited April 2013 in Sides
1 lb tomatillos, peeled and washed
1 lb Loquats, pitted and cut  in half, you can use peaches or apricots even cherries or mangos
2  chiles seeds and veins
1/4 cup cilantro leaf
3 tablespoons honey
1 white onion, finely diced
1/2 teaspoon salt

Directions:

grill, griddle or cast iron pan, char tomatillos then char loquat, peppers.

2  Combine tomatillo, chipotle, peppers, cilantro and honey in a blender or food processor.

3 Pulse until chunky.

4 Transfer to a bowl.

5  Add 
 onion and salt to bowl along 

6 Mix to combine.

7 Chill or serve warm.
1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein

Comments

• egger ave
    egger ave Posts: 721
    really easy to make and great on meat or chips. A nice change from out of the jar salsa.
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein
  • never thought of loquats. We had a loquat tree in a house we owned a while back. I used to curse that thing for all the fruit it dropped on my sidewalk. Guess I could have done something with them. 

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX