Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My 1st Cooks on the LBGE

Bacon wrapped Pork Loin and four door county cherry marinated pork tenderloins.  Everything was done indirect at 240.  Loin took about 5 hours and the tenderloins took about 2 hours. Both were excellent!  My young kids aren't big meat eaters and they both gobbled up the tenderloin.  I don't know if I would wrap the loin in bacon again because it didn't seem to add much (other than the fact that the bacon tasted great!)

I tried the TRex method on the beef tenderloins.  (Sorry-no post cook pics) SWMBO and I both like medium rare.  I overcooked these to medium to medium well which didn't make me happy.  The butcher also screwed me up by butterflying the steaks so I had to try to hold them together with toothpicks.

I'm having a blast using this thing!  I picked up some chickens and butts to try out next and hope to try the CyberQ on the butts.

XL BGE; CyberQ Wifi; Adjustable Rig, Woo2 Green Bay, Wisconsin

Comments