Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

OT...Healthy Greek Chicken Pita Recipe

My wife made this tonight. I'm normally starving after a weight watchers recipe, but this one was very filling and delicious! You can adapt and do the chicken on the egg if you'd like. Honestly though, with this recipe, I doubt it would make a difference. We did have some oven roasted potatoes along with it though, so I guess we cheated a little. :)

http://www.weightwatchers.com/food/rcp/RecipePage.aspx?recipeid=213921

Comments

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 26,392
    yum

• caneggercanegger Posts: 540
    Looks good
  • Nice looking Greek meal. Good on you @Dyal_SC, stick with it. 

Just a thought, if you drop the yogurt from the marinade, use some olive oil, breast instead of thighs - the calorie trade off is about the same.  - you have a very healthy souvlaki. Most of the EVOO will be left in the marinade pan or drip off during the cook.
    Mix it with your WW sauce and serve in the pitas. The smoke flavour of the chicken will come through and it is great.
    Delta B.C. - Move over coffee, this is job for alcohol!
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 4,712
    Thanks, Skiddy!! I just might try that! :D
  • 500500 Posts: 2,691
    You go from a killer brisket to this? It's all about balance. Looks like a chicken gyro. Love gyros.
    Large BGE; Midlothian, Virginia
    I like Pig Butts and I can not lie.
    "Barbecue is a journey, one meal at a time."
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 4,712
    500 said:

You go from a killer brisket to this? It's all about balance. Looks like a chicken gyro. Love gyros.

LOL!!! Yeah, one cannot survive too long on brisket, ribs and pulled pork alone. Gotta offset the caloric intake every now and then. ;)
  • Looks good, I think this will go on the schedule for sometime soon
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,672
    Looks great, Dyal. I wouldn't mind giving that one a go.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings