Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Just Some Ol Beef Tenderloin Tonight

Plano_JJPlano_JJ Posts: 448
350 Indirect until internal temp was 122, took it off, ramped the egg up to 700 and seared both sides for 4 min. Got the tenderloin from Sam's and had to do a lot of trimming and I aint no butcher. Seasoned with DP Raising the Steaks and Red Eye Express. I can take or leave the Red Eye. Came out good, everyone enjoyed it.

• TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,451
    Very nice. Looks like plenty for leftover tenderloin sandwiches.
    It's not a science, it's an art. And it's flawed.
    - Camp Hill, PA
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,276
    Looks good, nice cook. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
  • NibbleMeThisNibbleMeThis Posts: 2,263
    They can be a little bit of a pain to trim the first time you do one, mainly because you don't want to mess up a $$$ cut of meat.  

It looks like the end result turned out well, nice job!
    Knoxville, TN
  • Plano_JJPlano_JJ Posts: 448
    Thanks, yep it hurts every cut you make. Now I see why it was 11.98lb. Paid 17 a couple weeks ago but it was trimmed perfectly. Love that reverse sear technique, learn some good little tricks on this site.