Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

1st fish in sous vide

Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,063
edited January 2013 in Seafood
As usual no pic's and no egg. Did three euro sea bass with butter, shard, dill, parsley, thyme, lemon slices and red onion. Broiled it the end. Really liking this sttuff

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·

Comments

• GrannyX4GrannyX4 Posts: 1,428
    Was the texture a little different? Were you happier with the results of the fish than you were with the chicken?
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 12,808
    Sea bass is one of my favorite fish. 

The golden dome versus the mobile home is on.  So far, and sadly, well...It is not a close game.

·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,063
    GrannyX4 said:
    Was the texture a little different? Were you happier with the results of the fish than you were with the chicken?
    Haven't done chicken yet. I've been thrilled with everything so far. Just put in some loin ribs for tomorrow.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
    Sea bass is one of my favorite fish. 

The golden dome versus the mobile home is on.  So far, and sadly, well...It is not a close game.

These were labeled euro sea bas but they tasted like Atlantic to me and they were five bucks a pound. Bout a pound +each for 20 bucks. Not used to seeing it that cheap round here

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • GrannyX4GrannyX4 Posts: 1,428
    Glad to hear it. I guess I am a little confused. Sorry, I now remember who it was.
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
    ·
  • Whoa! $19.99 minimum around here. For years.

·
  • Mike8itMike8it Posts: 468
    Was it all that you thought it would be? Just curious b/c I can't cook any seafood except a thick filet of fresh fish on the grill without everyone thinking its over-done.
    ·
    Yes it was excellent. Not sure of the difference between euro sea bass and American but is one of the better fish meals I've had. I just broiled it for the sear.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·