Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brand new Large!

exspo
exspo Posts: 51
edited December 2012 in EggHead Forum
Brought home a new large today. I've had a medium for the past year and just ran into so many times when I didn't have the space I needed.
My local dealer took my medium on consignment so I slapped down the card.

Lots of new features on the new Egg:

-stainless grid
-nomex gasket
-smoother and safer screen mechanism
-notched fire ring to match the plate setter

I'm happy!

And anyone considering the medium- just get the large - you won't regret it.

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,181
    Great deal-especially with your dealer willing to go the consignment route-all BGE's are good and some will say "bigger is better".  Well done!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • jfm0830
    jfm0830 Posts: 987
    Congratulations on your new large. I was wondering what was up with the changes to the notches on the fire ring. I had to go check mine when I got my Spider to see of it was 5 or 3.  I got my Large in August, just before this most recent round of changes. I got a s/s grid and the new draft door, but not the new fire ring or the nomex gasket (sadly). It is good to see the mothership isn't sitting on their laurels and continues to try to make a good thing even better.

Jim
    3 LBGE & More Eggcessories than I care to think about.
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    i was lucky back in 01 when i first started a intrest in the egg. i was at the mothership, the old one on buford hwy. and ran into a guy named BA he and i got along like old friends. i one day while drooling over the selection. he asked when i was going to get one. i told him i was planning on buying a med when i got my taxes back. he told me to forget about buying the med and to just get the large. i said well i can always trade it in (they did that back then) he said i would end up buying the large eventually anyway because of thanksgiving so why waste the time. i ended up buying the large. was the best thing a salesman ever told me. now i have 2 larges and a small. i have not seen or spoken to ba in years but i do think of him often. congrats to you on your new addition

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• DonWW
    DonWW Posts: 424
    My son is getting married in a few weeks and just bought a house.  Take a guess what Dad is buying him for a wedding/house warming gift! 
    XL and Medium.  Dallas, Texas.
  • nice don. I am a surrogate son if you are ever looking to give more eggs away. I mow lawns, tell witty jokes, go to ball games, and I'm a great snuggler. Just throwing it out there.............
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX