Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sous Vide Asian Pork Belly

The Cen-Tex Smoker
The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,951
edited December 2012 in EggHead Forum
Had some belly parts left over from my bacon this week so I took some odds and ends to make some snacks. I put them in the Sous Vide for 36 hours, glazed them with a soy, ginger, Mirin reduction.  36 hrs was too long for there thinner parts but the flavors were great. I'll definitely do this again with a 12 hour sv
. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos This is it out of the bath Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Here it is all glazed up and out of the egg (Er......oven). Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Pretty fun little cook and when I get the times dialed it it should be really good. Carry on Centex.
Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX

Comments

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,660
    What happened to the porchetta?

Belly is the next thing I'll try sous vide.  My plan is to rub with jamaican jerk spices and then cook sous vide for 36-48 hours and finally sear all sides in a cast iron pan to crisp the skin.  My butcher expects to get his ordernext tuesday.

Belly is the next thing I'll try sous vide.  My plan is to rub with jamaican jerk spices and then cook sous vide for 36-48 hours and finally sear all sides in a cast iron pan to crisp the skin.  My butcher expects to get his ordernext tuesday.
    Porchetta is coming out for dinner tonight. I'm going to finish it on the egg. Hope 72 hrs wasn't too much. It was very thick but now I'm a little worried it was a day too long. We'll see. Doing a brisket tonight so I'm back in my comfort zone.

• That looks amazing. Nice going

Large, small, and a mini
  • That looks amazing. Nice going

Thanks smoke. A little too much time in the sv but I'll try to dial it in and do it again for sure. Belly is so good in so many ways
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,660
    What was the water bath temperature?