Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New XL table and first cook

Lit
Lit Posts: 9,053
Threw this table together Saturday afternoon so I could finally break the XL in. The table is red cedar. I need to move the bottom shelf up 4" but for now the solution is pavers. The brisket was just rubbed and cooked indirect. I don't have the adapter for my Guru for the xl yet so I had to wing it. At 7am the egg was down to 200 so I cracked the vent a little and at 9 when I woke up again it was at 300. The brisket came off around 11 and seperated and seasoned the point and back on the egg in my CI skillet. I will post pics of the burnt ends later they are on my camera. Brisket came out very well and we all had brisket sandwiches during the Falcons game last night.image.image.image.image.image

Comments

• Nice looking brisket.
    Edina, MN

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Hey Lit...the new table and the brisket look great.  The bark on that brisket looks insane!  Congrats on your new set up.  I'm impressed you got the table put together in one afternoon.  I hope you had someone besides your fiance help you lift that sucker into the table ;).  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Nice on both counts...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Lit
    Hey Lit...the new table and the brisket look great.  The bark on that brisket looks insane!  Congrats on your new set up.  I'm impressed you got the table put together in one afternoon.  I hope you had someone besides your fiance help you lift that sucker into the table ;).  
    Thanks on the brisket. I had a friend help but we put the egg together in the table so it wasn't that heavy in pieces. The table only took a couple hours to build but its just a simple table no bells and whistles.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    The table looks great for a few hour build.  Nice brisket.
    Really nice looking bark on the brisket.  What rub did you use?

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

• It doesn't look like you have the xl supported across the entire bottom . As heavy as the xl is I would definetly want it supported all the way across the bottom.
  • Lit
    The rub was a mix 1/3 Susie Q, 1/3 Cow Lick, and 1/3 Bad Byrons.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Lit said:
    Thanks on the brisket. I had a friend help but we put the egg together in the table so it wasn't that heavy in pieces. The table only took a couple hours to build but its just a simple table no bells and whistles.
    That's a good idea to just build the table and assemble the egg inside of it.  If you ever need help moving it I will work for brisket.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• tyenic1
    tyenic1 Posts: 150
    Brisket looks really good! Had to laugh when you said you threw the table  together. With my lack of carpenter skills it would have taken me 2 weeks to put that table together.
  • Great looking brisket.  My carpenter skills are lacking also and I've been working on a table for a month now and you're table will still look better than mine.  I'll be afraid to post a picture when (if) it is finally done.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014