Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ribs on the Small

Fred19Flintstone
Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
I would like to do a couple of slabs of ribs on the small.  Does anyone have any set-up advice to get 'er done? 
Flint, Michigan

Comments

• GLW
    GLW Posts: 178
    When you figure that out please post.
    When in doubt add more pepper.
  • ShedFarm
    ShedFarm Posts: 499
    edited October 2012
    I've done three racks of ribs, cut in half, and stacked in alternating directions, on top each other. I used a Woo and foil-covered pizza stone, to create an indirect setup.

I cooked them at 250, with apple wood for smoke, rotating the stacks about every 1-1.5 hours, for a total of 5.5 hours time. They get a bit slippery as the fat starts rendering, and want to slide off of the stack. The stick you see, coming up through the stack, is a broken off bamboo skewer, to keep everything in place.
    BJ (Powhatan, VA)
  • Adamd
    Adamd Posts: 160
    I cooked 3 racks cut in half before with using the V rack and stacking how I could to make it work. They turned out really good!! 
  • I haven't paid much attention to the V rack.  The one I have for my large does not fit in the small.  I guess I didn't think that there are other V racks that DO fit.  (sigh!)  Looks like a shopping trip is needed! 
    Flint, Michigan