Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Favorite Pork Loin Recipes

Options
Armesjr
Armesjr Posts: 3
edited August 2012 in Pork
First post on the forum. Been lurking for awhile. Trying searching for recipes, but everything was really for pork tenderloin. Would appreciate some suggestions on how to cook a 1/2 boneless pork loin (4.13lbs). Recipes and how you cook them would be much appreciated.   

Thanks in advance

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options

Try this one out-quite good!

http://www.bubbatim.com/Pork_Cooks.php 

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    loins are the big boys.  tenderloins are the small ones.  we like both stuffed, the tenderloins maybe wrapped in bacon too.

loins make a good simple roast too. garlic powder, salt, pepper  roasted (indirect).

tenderloins work fine grilled direct
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    Options
    One of my first cooks. I usually like sweet pork recipes but made this one with a coffee rub.
    A very nice departure. Gonna have to do this again.

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1137739/first-bge-cook-this-weekend#latest
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    loins are the big boys.  tenderloins are the small ones.  we like both stuffed, the tenderloins maybe wrapped in bacon too.

loins make a good simple roast too. garlic powder, salt, pepper  roasted (indirect).

tenderloins work fine grilled direct
    Agreed. We buy the whole loin, make some chops, some super thin for schnitzel and a couple of roasts. Have tried stuffed (good) and super seasoned (better), but always come back to inserting three or four garlic cloves, quartered, into the fat side, a little oil and some salt and pepper and loosely drop a few strips of bacon over the top (best). Roasted indirect. Remove the bacon and baste with your favourite BBQ sauce.We are partial to Trilby's Marion berry sauce brushed on for the last 10 minutes. Easy is often best...... 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options
    Canadian bacon.  Rhulman's Charcuterie.

On a more day to day basis, we cut these into chops.  Ever since we discovered bone end pork roasts we just don't do with loins or center cuts very much.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• gte1
    gte1 Posts: 379
    Options

Like Stike said just a straight forward roast.  Season with whatever you like roast indirect at about 350.  I prefer the bone in version.  Costco sells what they call "rack of pork" which is a bone in loin roast with the chine bones removed.  They are awesome, but they only carry them at Easter and Christmas.  I removed the chine bones myself last time I got one from the butcher, but it was a little bit of a pain. 

Pull off at about 140 and rest will take it to done.

George

George