Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork end roast bone in

Options
flmtrain
flmtrain Posts: 15
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
Hello everyone, happy July 4th. Quick question. I wanted to do a pork butt for tomorrow but only feeding four of us and ran to the store just as they were closing for the evening. The local store carry real fresh meat and the only thing I could get was a pork end roast bone in. So do I cook it like a butt, same internal temp etc low and slow at around 250 pit temp or some other way? Will it shred or slice? Will the bone pull out like everyone list a butt does? Should I figure two hours per pound at that low temp? Thanks for any help. Frank

Comments

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Doc Eggerton is the bone in rib roast king around here. He has several cooks with pics and time/temp on here so until he shows up, dig around his stuff and see what you can find. great cut of meat and if you follow Doc's lead, you cant go wrong (assuming you LOVE Garlic :) )

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • flmtrain
    flmtrain Posts: 15
    Options
    Ok, so I have my pork roast on it reached 131 internal temp when my grill fire dropped to 180 pit temp due to I was cooking on it all morning for guest. I pulled the meat off while I added more charcoal and got the pit back up in temp. I have the pit up to 330 now that everything back up for fifteen minutes but the meat even though I put it back on fifteen minutes ago is still at 131. Well the meat still cook? I need to get it to 160 before I can pull it off. Any thoughts? Frank