Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Yet another Brisket topic - but not mine - my friends that I ate Sunday night - with questions

boatbum
boatbum Posts: 1,273
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum

Before I got an Egg - I was a brisket zero.   Couldn't cook one that was even halfway decent.   With the Egg, some input from this forum, I am thinking I kinda got it down.    Kickin out a damn fine brisket every other week.

My friend cooked one this weekend on his Egg.   Actually he has asked me for a lot of input on time, temp, etc - he has not done a huge amount of them..    But he had a twist, an old family recipe for a marinade.   I am the first one to say - don't need it.    Till now.    I have to tell ya, that thing was out of this world --- flavorful, juicy.    OMG.

I think the brisket I cook is as good or better than anything you get in most bbq places.   His brisket was waaaaaaay beyond mine.

So, life is about learning new things.   

Have you done marinades?      ( thinkin Travis is doing that)

How do you marinate?

How does injecting compare to marinating?    Is it the same effect?   or Different?

Cookin in Texas

Comments