Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dinner for my Sister In Law... Pork Loin... MMMMMMM!

Egg Juju
Egg Juju Posts: 658
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum

Last Sunday my S-I-L arrived from Atlanta for Derby week.  We wanted to cook her dinner and I picked up a pork loin.  I love stuffed pork loin, but the brown sugar etc... in my old recipe isn't on my approved list any more. :) So I was thinking I really liked the flavors in the kalua pork so why not work them in here.  So I split the loin and put some onion slices, garlic, and ginger on top.  I have also become fascinated with rubs that are heavy in the dry mustard area and continued that with this rub.  I tied it up, let it rest in the fridge for about 4 hours.  I wanted to smoke it yet I really wanted to get that crispy crust that only comes from high heat.  So I started at smoking temps and slowly raised the temp to 350.  Toward the end I began basting it with butter to get the really good crust.

I still think Griffin posted the best stuffed loin I have seen in awhile, but this one was pretty tasty. 

While I was at it I made a few dry rub wings...

And a new thing I am calling Huevos del Diablo... more on these later.  :)

Juju

Large and Small BGE * www.quelfood.com

Comments