Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Whatcha cooking Mama for her day?

Options
Brownie
Brownie Posts: 1,023
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum
I'm cooking for 16 people and keeping it simple with rib eyes, chicken breast, corn on the cob, and a nice garden salad. What are your plans?

Comments

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Options
    Mama is in heaven.  She don't need no food.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,391
    Options
    Technically I'm with VI-but to change it up the siblings and I are going to take a shot at paella since their mom (SWMBO) recently spent some time in Spain and came home with the paella pan, local rice etc.  The naked whiz site has quite a write-up on paella so I am sure we can hose it up in fine style-but it will be a bonding/adult beverage fueled event for sure.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    I'm hoping she uses the iPhone I got her to make reservations somewhere :).
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    Options
    We are having crabs - garlic crab legs and stone crabs. Lots of crabs in Florida but hard to find corn husks and ancho chilies.
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Granny, I'll gladly send you a batch of Anchos. Just let me know. They keep forever so no worried there.
  • GrannyX4
    Options
    Thank you very much for the kind offer but I'm on a quest to bug the store manager into getting some things in the store that I need. Or I guess I should say that I want. Can you imagine a store that doesn't have something as simple as arrowroot? The Publix manager has me on his speed dial. The children are all grown and the husband is real thankful I have someone else to bug. Having fun in the Sunshine state. ;;)
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    Granny here is a link that you can point your grocer to.  Fiesta Bolner has been maing wonderful products since I can remember
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Good call AE. that's the stuff we get down here. Let us know if you ever need a care package.
  • GrannyX4
    Options
    Thanks, I just bookmarked it and I guess I could order the peppers I might need but I must say it was fun to watch the manager spend his day shopping for hard to find food items. ;;)
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    My mom is gone, but I will be making a nice dinner for my wife.
  • valleyboy
    valleyboy Posts: 22
    Options
    Gave the mother of my children her choice of brisket, pulled pork or ribs and she chose ribs. The kids liked the choice.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,391
    Options
    Gave the mother of my children her choice of brisket, pulled pork or ribs and she chose ribs. The kids liked the choice.
    I would die for that kind of option...be thankful every day!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • fletcherfam
    fletcherfam Posts: 935
    Options
    Teriyaki Chicken burgers with grilled pineapple. Having the whole family over so about 20 of us. Been doing these for about 10 years or so now as a family.
  • tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    Options
    The Mrs wants a pork shoulder smoked for her favorite pulled pork. 

Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • NibbleMeThis
    NibbleMeThis Posts: 2,295
    Options
    My mother's birthday is also next weekend on Mother's Day but was heading back to Florida this week for several months.   So this PAST weekend, we had them over and took them out to a nice park for a cookout on the lake. 

I had to use one of those park grills....brutal, but it worked.  I jokingly told her "Any fool can cook on an Egg, it takes someone with skill to make this beast work!"

Anyway, grilled chicken and basted with a sauce that her Home Ec teacher taught back in the 50's for a retro dish.  She loved the whole meal and experience.  Fun times.
    Knoxville, TN
    Nibble Me This
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    I've got to go into work for about 5-6 hours that day, so hopefully she'll be making reservations.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• jbates67
    jbates67 Posts: 168
    Options
    Granny I'm in FL as well and get most of my spices that I can't find at a local farmers market/fruit stand that has all kinds of dried spices, including Anchos among others.

What part of FL are you in?

• GrannyX4
    Options
    Near the mouse house in Winter Springs.
  • Dan4BBQ
    Dan4BBQ Posts: 271
    Options
    My wife and daughter both requested ribs.  How can I go wrong.  They were both raised right!