Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

DFW Area BBQ Comp Team

Options
centex99
centex99 Posts: 231
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum
Send me a message if you have the time, money, and desire to start a team...  Have wanted to for some time...

Comments

• centex99
    Options
  • joe@bge
    joe@bge Posts: 394
    Options
    Interesting...I am looking for a team in the St. Louis area...I have been toying with the idea.  How many folks on this forum do competition BBQ?
  • centex99
    Options
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    I'm in Austin but I have always wanted to do a few competitions. I'm worried about cracking my egg hauling it all over the place though. I could definitely hold my own on a team (been doing it for 10 years and know all the tricks). I'm sure there are some DFW eggheads that would make great teammates.

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • centex99
    Options
    Yeah, I'm not sure yet what I'd be cooking on... egg, webers, etc... I'd go for a teammate in the austin area, the only downside would be it'd be hard to do practice cooks/etc...
  • boatbum
    boatbum Posts: 1,273
    Options
    I could not sign up to be a full time team member - just cant commit the time.    I would love to dip my toe in the water.  Would be interested in being an occaisonal "grunt" worker on the team.   I think I would learn a tremendous amount from the process.
    Cookin in Texas
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    I'm in DFW all the time. I work for a company in Ft. Worth. It would still be tough to get together to practice on a schedule. I know there is a big Weber community out there but I would want to work with BGE's or offset smokers if we were going to compete. Maybe if we choose 2-3 events and planned it out we could pull it off. Let's keep the discussion open. I'm game. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • centex99
    Options
    I don't own an offset (yet anyhow!)... do own an XL BGE (a bit big to move often), a weber performer and an 18" WSM... I'm not looking to do tons of cooks... at least not initially... maybe 1 a month or every other month...