Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

SmokeBombs

Options
Zippylip
Zippylip Posts: 4,768
edited November -1 in Sides

Ingredients

Long Hot Peppers;

Olive Oil;

Garlic;

Bacon;

Little Smokies;

Cheddar Cheese;

Rub.

Instructions

Fry long hot peppers in a generous amount of olive oil with a lot of whole garlic, cool, cut peppers into one square inch pieces, cut bacon slices into thirds, lay a square of pepper onto a piece of bacon, put on a Little Smoky (either the cheddar filled or plain & add your own cheddar cheese), season to taste, roll up, then roll each one around in the hot pepper oil, add more seasoning to the outside, put a toothpick in, then pop on the egg till bacon is crispy.  They can be done either direct, indirect, with or without smoking chips/chunks, whatever you want

Notes

Number of Servings: Infinite

Time to Prepare: 1 hour

happy in the hut
West Chester Pennsylvania

Comments

• dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Options
    Got to try these....sounds good to me !!!!!

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Pics?
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Options

@SKIDDYMARKER...Pics tonight !!!!!!!

already got the grocery list made out !!!!

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Is that long hot banana peppers, Italian long hot peppers or Indian long hot peppers? I vaguely remember a post from years ago about LST's

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    edited January 2014
    Options
    LS - one of the first appy's and I think it was Zippy's recipe (or one very close to it) I used. Mixed long peppers, some sweet and some hot. I cut the peppers into one inch pieces, but did not fry them, just cored them, then stuffed with partly cooked sausage, wrap in bacon like a sausage roll and cook like an ABT. We liked ours sauced before serving. Haven't made for some time. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    The only thing Mr. Zip has ever done that was original is make a pizza out of meat. Not knocking the guy but he is a blatant plagiarist. Those were mine or at least ones that I showed him first. 

Steve 

Caledon, ON