Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mini meat pies

Capt Frank
Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My wife has an old rescipe for "Cheeseburger Pie" that she used to fix for her kids years ago. We thought it might work for some appetizers.
We cut a pie crust into small circles and put them in a muffin pan
5866741139_126c28d264.jpg
P6230002 by Capt Frank1, on Flickr

Her meat mixture is ground chuck, onion, bell pepper and chili sauce
5866742055_633ce7675d.jpg
P6230003 by Capt Frank1, on Flickr
Topped with shredded cheese
5867296726_b76482f3d8.jpg
P6230004 by Capt Frank1, on Flickr
On to the egg @ 375 for 20 minutes
5867298356_cf0d759795.jpg
P6230006 by Capt Frank1, on Flickr
Finished5867299058_536506dbff.jpg
P6230008 by Capt Frank1, on Flickr
Sorry, no plated pics, two grandkids were here and by the time I got to the kitchen the pies were gone :laugh:
They were very tasty and would make a quick an easy party appetizer :cheer:
Thanks for looking :)

Comments

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Looks great, Captain. What's in the chili sauce?

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Well Frank you could mail them out to friends :laugh:
    That looks good and could be done so many ways...
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mr Holloway
    Mr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    Great idea
    Thanks for the post :)

Shane
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,657
    looks great. place near me makes little breakfast pies, hamburg and onion, pork pie, salmon pie, omelet pie, tortierre pie, greek meat pie, hot dogs and bean pie,chili pie, chicken bbq pie, chicken pie, turkey gravy pie... lots of pies. eventually they are going to kill me :laugh:
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,500
    Morning Capt. Frank:

Looks mighty tasty...may have to try these soon! (or have you make them at the mini-Fest in November????)

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• Capt Frank
    Thanks all, Jason, this chili sauce was just the stuff in a bottle, I think you could use any meat mixture you want. The meat was browned a little first.
    Hi Jay, there is an excellent chance these will show up at Tuckaway in November :):)
  • Le Oeuf Vert
    Le Oeuf Vert Posts: 512
    Those look awesome. I will have to show my 11 year old as this is a cook she could do pretty easily. Thanks for posting.
  • Capt Frank
    Mark, you are right, not only do these make a great appetizer, they are something a youngster can put together for a fun cook/learning experience :)
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Great for a fest too! ;)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • elzbth
    elzbth Posts: 2,075
    Now that's a clever idea for sure! ;) I'm thinking mini chicken pot pies.... thanks for posting! :)
  • Capt Frank
    Molly, you are so right, we are playing around with ideas for the mini-fest in Melbourne in Nov, I think this one is a winner :) :cheer:
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    I think so too. Chubby makes some with eggs n ham. you could go in so many directions with those.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Capt Frank
    EGGzactly! We plan to experiment! :laugh: